So I’m having trouble coming up with anything of merit to say today. Or anything, period. So instead of trying to do that—especially since I have to leave in about five minutes—maybe I’ll just do away with the idea of a cohesive entry and just go with a list. So, without further ado, here are just a few random thoughts as of now, 8:22 am:
1. Jess from Gilmore Girls is growing on me. Season Three is GOOD. It’s the only one (so far) I think I’d consider buying. And Adam Brody is just a bonus. Score!
2. Even though it’s so hot, and has been so hot, I cannot stop drinking hot coffee. In fact, I think I’m even drinking more of it. What’s up with that?
3. I wouldn’t even need coffee if I had half the energy my puppy does. The girl just goes NONSTOP until she collapses. It’s impressive. (And a little scary.)
4. Today, my parents have been married for 42 years. Forty-two. Man. Scratch the above: THAT’S impressive.
5. Can anyone explain the commercial for Botox that’s currently running? “I had a good hair day!” “I fit into my skinny pants!” “I asked my doctor about Botox!” How are these things related? Shouldn’t things that make you feel good about yourself (like good hair, and feeling fit) make you LESS likely to want to shoot your face full of botulism? I just don’t understand.
6. Unexpected result of finally starting to see movies in the theatre again: random popcorn cravings. Like on a Thursday morning, at….8:36 am.
7. And finally, this question: why is it that no matter how early I get up, and how meticulously I plan out my schedule, I always end up racing to leave the house on time? Always?
Oh, well. No time to ponder that one. Gotta go…