Finally, it’s Friday. Why did this week feel so long, when it was actually a day short? Discuss.
In other news, an announcement. I’ll be doing a reading at UNC on September 19th, in Donovan Lounge, in the English Department, Greenlaw Hall. It’s at 12:30, which I know is when most people are either a) at lunch or b) at work or c) at school, but if, for some reason, you are NOT doing any of these things and would like to come out, please do. It’s the first reading I’ve done after a LONG period of being pretty much a hermit, but hopefully I won’t be too rusty. It’s like riding a bike, right?
Also: damn you, John Green, for introducing me to the mystery that is lonelygirl15. I didn’t know anything about this until a few days ago, and I tried my best not to get all sucked into it, but of course now I am. Thanks a lot! (Just kidding, of course, John. I don’t actually blame you for saddling me with yet another procrastination tool. God knows I do just fine finding them myself.)
And finally, just because I am so scattered, and it is Friday, a meme. I’ll probably embarrass myself here, as I am no music expert, a la Owen Armstrong. But here goes.
(Note: this meme, in its original form, was ENTIRELY too long. So I cut it down to twenty five questions. Trust me, you’re grateful.)
1. Favorite Beatles song: See, this is already hard. How can you pick just one? Okay, fine. I’ll say Julia. Or Blackbird. Or, um, anything on the White Album.
2. Favorite Rolling Stones song: She’s a Rainbow.
3. Favorite Doors song: Have to say, I’m not much of a Doors fan. But forced to pick, I guess Break on Through.
4. Favorite Bob Dylan song: Oh, come on! Have to give at least two. I Believe in You and Shelter From the Storm. And Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright. Okay, that’s three. Sue me!
5. Favorite Led Zeppelin song: Misty Mountain Hop. Or Thank You.
6. Favorite TV Theme Song: Oh, now I’m really going to shame myself. But when I was a kid, I LOVED the song from One Day At a Time. *cringe* Currently, I’d pick “We Used to Be Friends” from Veronica Mars, but since that’s not an original theme song, does it still count?
7. Favorite Prince Song: Please. Purple Rain.
8. Favorite Madonna Song: Oooh, this is hard. What It Feels Like For a Girl or Nothing Really Matters.
9. Favorite Michael Jackson song: Yikes. Can I say I Want You Back, even if that was the Jackson 5?
10. Favorite Queen Song: How can you not pick Bohemian Rhapsody?
11. Favorite ‘N Sync Song: Oh, man. I guess Gone. If I have to pick. (And clearly, I do.)
12. Favorite Al Green Song: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart. Kills me.
13. Favorite Bruce Springsteen song: She’s the One. Or Thunder Road.
14. Favorite Cure song: Pictures of You.
15. Favorite song that most of your friends haven’t heard: Square One, by Tom Petty, because it’s new. And fantastic, by the way.
16. Favorite Beastie Boys song: She’s Crafty.
17. Favorite Clash song: Rebel Waltz.
18. Favorite Beach Boys song: Don’t Worry, Baby or God Only Knows.
19. Favorite Cyndi Lauper song: Sigh. Time After Time. Remember the video, and the signing thing? Got me every time.
20. Favorite song from a movie: OOOH so hard to pick. But I loved that long scene in Reality Bites set to U2’s “All I Want is You.”
21. Favorite Jeff Buckley song: Hallelujah. I guess that’s what everyone says, right? Except maybe my friend Cameron, who would rock this quiz with the most obscure stuff you’ve never heard of.
22. Favorite Johnny Cash song: Folsom Prison Blues.
23. Favorite song from an 80’s one hit wonder: Oh, so many to choose from. Maybe Walking on Sunshine? Good memories, at any rate.
24. Favorite Pink Floyd song: Oh, man. I don’t listen to PF much these days, as I did WAY too much in high school. But I guess Wish You Were Here.
25. Last song you heard: Enjoy Yourself, by Todd Snider, while I was in the shower this morning.
WHEW! That was entirely too much effort, considering I was just doing it to slack off on an actual entry. Serves me right, I guess. Then again, be grateful I didn’t include it in its original form, with forty plus questions. You don’t want to know that much about my musical tastes. Trust me!