The Friday Five:
1. This morning, when I went out for a walk at 7:15, it was sixty-one degrees. Sixty-one! If this keeps up, I may have to stop complaining about the winter. MAY have to.
2. The other night, my husband and I watched Little Miss Sunshine on DVD. I saw it in the theater, where it had been so hyped to me that I was kind of let down. This time, though, I loved it and (weirdly enough) noticed a lot more in terms of how well the shots were set up, something you’d think you’d be aware of less on the small screen. How often does a movie improve on repeated viewings? Not that often. If you haven’t seen it, I recommend.
3. According to the tabloids (i.e., take it with a grain of salt) Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz have broken up. Why are all my favorite couples splitting? It’s WRONG. And she just introduced him on SNL, like, a couple of weeks ago. So not fair. One person who is not upset about this news? My husband, who believes that if Cameron Diaz is single, she is just that much more available to go out with him. (I don’t even point out that he is, um, married. I just let him have his happy little dream.)
4. Right now, I’m reading Jeannette Walls’ The Glass Castle, a book I have been meaning to get to forever. It is a memoir, and really, really good. Like Mary Karr The Liar’s Club good, which is really saying something. It’s amazing to read about this life Jeannette Walls lived, growing up with parents who were always moving and barely getting by, especially if, like me, you only know her as a celebrity gossip columnist. Just goes to show everyone has more stories than you’d ever imagine.
5. Believe it or not, I have given up coffee. Haven’t had any in over two weeks. And yes, I was only drinking about a fourth of a cup a day, but I do miss it, more than you would think. Still, I think it’s a good thing for me. I wanted to celebrate this announcement by putting up that great clip from Will and Grace where Jack is completely overcaffienated, but I can’t find it on YouTube, so I’ll go with the next best thing. Sure, it’s not coffee related. But it’s Cher!