The Friday Five! (special Rain Dance edition!)
1. Yep. We REALLY need rain here. Like, major drought conditions, I’m afraid my well is going to run dry kind of need. Never have I been so invested in the forecast, scanning the skies. Meanwhile, in Texas, they’re getting flooded out. Hopefully Mother Nature will indulge us in a bit of balancing. Although a rain dance can’t hurt, either.
2. I’ve been watching Law and Order: SVU on DVD the last two nights before I go to bed, as I wait for both House and Dexter to be released on DVD next week. I have also been having trouble sleeping, tossing and turning. Coincidence? Probably not. Maybe watching a show about sex crimes is NOT the way to get a good night’s sleep? Still, it is a good show. If unsettling.
3. Yesterday, my publisher sent me a bunch of sheets for my signature, to be put into books at a later date. And when I say a bunch, I mean three big boxes, jam-packed full. I’ve been doing them a stack at a time, then resting, then starting up again, mostly while I sit on the couch with my feet up. But it’s a weird thing, signing your name over and over again. It starts to look strange, like you’re spelling it wrong or something. Which, after a hundred plus, maybe I am.
4. Rock of Love with Bret Michaels is, I have decided, completely unavoidable. Is this show on VH1 24 hours a day, or just every time I am scanning channels? And why do I keep stopping on it? These are not questions with answers. It’s like the whole one hand clapping thing, to contemplate, then move on.
5. All right, so maybe I was kidding about the rain dance. But it’s been so long since we’ve seen a good downpour, and like I said, it can’t hurt. I have a feeling, though, that maybe it’s better to go to an expert: