The Friday Five! (Special super-short 7:20 am edition!)
1. Yep, it’s 7:20 and 21 degrees here. I’ve been up since 5:45. Good morning!
2. Our Gordon Ramsay fixation continues: we’re watching Hell’s Kitchen now, on the Fox Reality Network. Did YOU know there was an entire network for reality shows? Isn’t this a sign of the apocalypse? Anyway, Hell’s Kitchen is interesting and all, but I like Kitchen Nightmares better. On that show, Ramsay is still a jerk, but he has nice moments, and he’s trying to help people. On Hell’s Kitchen, they’ve set him up to be way too Simon Cowell-esque, all nasty comments and crushing dreams. Isn’t that getting a little old, now?
3. Yesterday, Sasha laughed out loud for the first time. I was holding her, my husband was making faces, and when she started to giggle I busted out laughing as well. I know there’s a lot of bad things happening in the world, every single moment of every single day. But hearing a baby laugh can make up for a lot.
4. Project Runway now has me officially in its thrall. Everyone I talk to hates Christian, but not me. Yes, he can be annoying, and sure, he’s a bit of a diva. But he’s got the talent to back it up, and he’s in it to win it. The only hard part, for me, is managing to avoid all spoilers on Thursday until I can get to the episode I Tivo on Wednesday night. And, um, convincing my husband to let me watch it instead of Hell’s Kitchen. But you know what? I make it work. (Couldn’t resist, sorry!)
5. I realized the other day, while browsing CNN and seeing yet ANOTHER Britney’s-a-mess-story, that I’d almost forgotten what it was like to not see her on the news ticker for one thing or another on a regular basis. But remember, back in the day, before all the drama? Yeah. Me too. Okay: one more time!