Yesterday, I went back to Chapel Hill High School during the lunch hour to hang out in the library. I did a little talk, answered some questions, and then did this super-dorky trivia contest, with magnetic poetry sets and galleys of Lock and Key as prizes. I had three what I thought were easy to difficult questions, and three really hard ones. And the girls there—and yes, it was all girls—knew them all! I was amazed. Then again, I’m so forgetful these days from lack of sleep that if you asked me three hard questions about my books, I might not get them. Or even get close. Sigh.
Want to test your knowledge? Here are the questions:
1. What is the name of Ashley’s ex boyfriend in That Summer? (pretty easy)
2. What is the name of the catering company in The Truth About Forever? (not that hard)
3. In Someone Like You, what does Halley’s dad do for a living? (This one was the hardest, as it turned out. But someone did get it!)
4. In Just Listen, what is the name of Owen’s radio show?
5. What kind of car does Rogerson drive in Dreamland? (extra points if you know the color!)
6. What is the name of Dexter’s dog in This Lullaby?
I can’t do prizes—sorry!—but I will provide answers in tomorrow’s Friday Five. If I remember. Sigh.