The Friday Five!
1. Yesterday, I was out in the afternoon when I passed one of our local farmer’s markets. I pulled in, got out of my car, and within minutes was holding a bag of organic, locally grown strawberries. They were SO GOOD. So good that I ate six of them in a row, in my car. So good that even though I get a rash on my face whenever I eat strawberries, I did it anyway. Every bite was like tasting summer, and after the last couple of crazy weeks it was just what I needed. Yum.
2. Question: why can I not seem to stop watching Work Out on Bravo? I don’t have a lot of time. I’m trying to be a deeper, more intellectual person (stop laughing!). And yet, whenever I see those episodes sitting on my DVR I just….well, it’s kind of like the strawberries. Bad for me, but I can’t resist. So sad.
3. This weekend is Mother’s Day, and of course I’ve been so preoccupied with getting my own mom and my mother-in-law gifts that I keep forgetting that, for the first time, I’m a mom too. (You’d think the constant time with the baby would hit this point home, but apparently not.) Anyway, it’s kind of bizarre. My husband asked me what I wanted for my first mother’s day, and I said, without even thinking, “To sleep in!” Sure, a diamond necklace would be nice. But not that nice. Seriously. That’s the bizarre part.
4. I have 27 Dresses on Netflix and can I tell you I am almost too excited to even watch it? A good chick flick, for whenever I want? It’s even better than sleeping in. (Okay, not really. But you get the idea.) Don’t even tell me if it’s not that great a movie, I don’t even want to know. I think I might even eat strawberries and breakout while I watch it. As Juno—a movie I re-watched the other day, loving it even more than the first time—would say, “Dream big!” Thank you, I think I will.
5. Blogging will be a bit more sparse or even non-existent next week, as I’ve realized that I really need a break. Like, a turning-off-the-computer-not-looking-at-my-Amazon-BN-reviews-watching-Work Out-and-playing-pattycake-with-my-baby-endlessly kind of break. I worked really hard leading up to Lock and Key coming out, and I’m so glad it’s been so well received. But it’s just now hitting that I’m kind of…well, exhausted. Like, totally. Also I have that constant buzzing in my head, so many thoughts, worrying about things I can and can’t control, which always means it’s time to step back and breathe for a little while. So I’m going to give myself permission to do that. Or at least try to. Ideally, when I return, I’ll be back to my old self. Here’s hoping.
Have a great weekend, everyone!