Get this: I just spent a half hour on the phone with an AT&T representative making adjustments to my wireless account. She was pleasant and incredibly competent and the entire exchange was painless and easy. Plus, I saved some money on my monthly bill. Can you even believe that? Me neither! I know you don’t care, but just had to share. Miracles in customer service do happen!
In other news, as I wrote earlier this week, I’m getting ready to take off from the blog for a little bit for some family time. I’ll try to update here and there but it probably won’t be on my regular schedule. Before I disappear, though, I thought I would repeat a few things that people may have missed and/or have been asking about in the comments. If you already know all this stuff, consider yourself an EXPERT on my blog. And pat yourself on the back. Like Peggy the AT&T service rep, you rock. Okay, here we go:
1. My next book, entitled WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE, will be released in May 2011. I know, it’s a long time. But hopefully it will be worth the wait.
2. ALONG FOR THE RIDE is now available in stores with some bonus material, including a playlist and an essay I wrote about my book tour and the summer that followed it. It will be out in paperback next year.
3. My garden is so freaking awesome right now, I can’t even tell you. And by “my garden,” I mean the one my husband does most of the work for, and is kind enough to let me share in reaping the benefits.
4. The current Friday Night Lights season is airing on NBC RIGHT NOW! (I mean, not right now, as it’s Wednesday. But you get the point.) I just got another comment from someone who picked up the DVDs of previous seasons based solely on my nagging about how wonderful they are, and they agreed. Yay for converting people to Tim Riggins mania! And Matt Saracen mania. And Coach Taylor mania….
5. Still can’t stop listening to the Glee cover of “Poker Face.” It’s.a.sickness.
6. Best book I’ve read so far this summer: UNACCUSTOMED EARTH, by Jhumpa Lahiri. It will ruin you for all fiction you read afterwards, at least for a few days. Be warned.
7. This one is asked ALL the time, so I will address it again: LAST CHANCE, as listed under my books on Amazon and BN.com, is the UK edition of KEEPING THE MOON, not another new book I’ve written. Just so you know.
8. I cannot figure out how to make my iPad stop flipping from horizontal to vertical every time I move it. Do you know? If you do, can you share? Otherwise, we’re in love and very happy together.
9. Favorite new food of the summer: bruschetta, made with tomatoes and basil from our garden, fresh mozzarella from Farmer’s Market, and good French bread. As my friend Courtney would say: holy pajamas. It is SO good. Whoa.
10. It looks like my daughter’s stuffed giraffe WILL be making the trip North with us, even though my husband is squarely against it. What can I say? We never leave a man behind!