1. I know I am WAY off my blog schedule right now, mostly because I don’t even know for sure what day it is. But I think it’s Friday? *checks phone calendar* Yes! Friday. Okay. It’s obvious my brain is kind of scattered (like the ocean is “kind of” big and deep). I have not felt this forgetful and stupid since my daughter was a newborn. I keep walking into rooms, spinning, forgetting what I came for, forgetting what I am saying AS I SAY IT. And I think I have already told you guys that in an earlier blog post. See what I mean? But it is ALL worth is, because the book tour has been going great. And tomorrow, Saturday, I head out again for the last leg….at least until June. So, just a reminder, here’s what’s ahead:
- Sunday, May 22nd: I’m speaking at the Dallas Museum of Art, Horchow Auditorium, 1717 N. Harwood, at 3pm. This is a ticketed event, and details are here.
- Monday, May 23rd: Barnes and Noble, Carle Place, NY, 7pm.
- Tuesday: if you’re attending BookExpo America in NYC, I’m a speaker at the children’s breakfast in the morning, then signing at 10am at Table 19. I’ll also be handing out Whoopie Pies at the Sarah Dessen/SweeteryNYC food truck in front of the Javits Center.
Then, I plan to come home, crawl into bed, and sleep for about a million hours. Oh, wait, not possible. Ah, a girl can dream though. But…only if she’s sleeping. (See how crazy I sound? I’m practically certifiable. Give me strength…
2. Speaking of the tour, I had a GREAT time in Illinois and Nebraska. I already told you about Naperville, but I have to share this supercute picture that was in PW:
And in Omaha, I had a crowd so big that they were worried about the fire code. Risk! Danger! It’s so YA!
I flew out the next morning so early I caught an amazing Nebraska sunrise on the way to the airport. It was so gorgeous that, for once, I did not even think to pull out my camera, I was so immersed. So you’ll just have to take my word for it. I’ve said it before, but thank you all SO MUCH for coming out, both in IL and NE and EVERYWHERE. You, as always, rock.
3. Also on Wednesday (I think it was Wednesday?) I found out that WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE will debut at #2 on the New York Times Bestseller list this Sunday. YAY!!!!! This, of course, is all because of you guys. So thank you. I swear if I could, I’d make you all cupcakes. Or deviled eggs. Or, do what I do best, and buy some VERY yummy stuff at Whole Foods, then artfully arrange it on my own dishes so it looks like I slaved over it. You know what I mean.
4. Because I was gone, I didn’t get to watch this week’s Glee until last night. I don’t want to ruin it for anyone else who hasn’t gotten to it yet, but I have to say: LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Maybe I’m just super emotional, but it had me in tears, mostly because (again, hope this is not a spoiler) it featured a song from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. The song might be in the remake, as well: I wouldn’t know, as I never saw it because of my love for the first one. I swear, when that song was in an AT&T commercial it gave me a lump in my throat. What is it about that movie? It’s, like, magic to me. And it with Glee? Even more so.
5. Finally, there WILL be life after book tour. I know it. Also, I am concerned that when I get back, there MIGHT be a goat in my yard. My daughter and husband keep talking about it, just to tease me—I think. We just got an electric fence for our chickens, which is enough stress for me. I hear goats are stinky and mean. Is this true? Does it matter? No, because this is the thing when you leave often: you give up your vote. A lot of cupcakes are being consumed. Vegetables, not so much. I want my daughter to be happy when I’m away, because it breaks my heart every time I leave. But a goat? Oh, please, no. No…..
Have a good weekend, everyone!