Okay, for all you UK folks. I need help.

Dreamland is in the process of being put together to be published over there, and there’s some confusion about certain things crossing over, i.e. words and clothes and the like.


1. Is there an equivalent of Hamburger Helper in the UK? Here it’s this boxed noodle thing you mix with water and ground beef to make a meal. Popular with my college roomate, who was too broke to even do the hamburger sometimes and just did the noodle part. Any ideas?

2. Can someone explain to me what trainers are? I have Rogerson wearing loafers, which I meant to be kind of oddly chic, but apparently they’re not appropriate in the translation.

3. Is aubergine the same thing as eggplant? (Don’t ask.)

I think that’s it. Let me know!!!!