Five Reasons Why This Week Already Rocks:
1. Bret Michaels has been released from the hospital. Already! The man is like a the cat from that song: you can’t keep him down. There must be some kind of gene in rock stars that makes them, like, almost superhuman. Maybe we can pinpoint it and pass it out to the rest of us?
2. My first beach trip of the season is getting closer. Holy guacamole, I have never been more ready to see the ocean in my life. What a crazy few months, you don’t even want to know. I don’t care it rains, sleets or hails while we are there, I just want to sit and watch the waves and breathe. And repeat. And repeat again.
3. A regular reader of my blog sent me this link to a casting call notice for the final season of Friday Night Lights. OH MY GOD! I know, it says you have to be local. But what if I said I’d pay my own way, hotel, and everything else? Because I TOTALLY WOULD. I think I will have to put in an application. I would drop everything (okay, well, maybe not my baby) to go there if they’d have me. Squeeeal!
4. Today, Whole Foods had avocados on sale, five for five dollars. That’s a dollar an avocado! I mean, come ON! I bought two sort-of ripe ones, and two totally hard ones, so they’ll last all week. Pass the chips and the lime and the Tabasco. It’s almost Cinco de Mayo, after all.
5. Glee is on tonight. Need I say more? Okay, how about this: I found out that one of my babysitters knows Lea Michele’s boyfriend. This is in addition to ANOTHER of my babysitters knowing Robert Pattinson (and no, I am not kidding). Yes, you are right. My babysitters ARE the coolest on the planet. I wish I could take credit, but really, I can’t. I just get to bask in their coolness and hope some of it rubs off, like that rock star gene.